Our goal is to provide each and every individual the best therapy experience possible, addressing his/her needs with caring hands and professional expertise.
The Physical Therapy Department is located in the CMH Rehab Center at 750 Lombardy Street in South Hill and has been in operation continuously since the 1960's providing rehabilitative services for Southside Virginia and Northern North Carolina. The department has grown over the years to include nine Physical Therapists, one PT Assistant and four ancillary staff members.
Our services include:
- In home therapy services for residents of Mecklenburg, Lunenburg, Brunswick and Nottoway Counties.
- Physical Therapy and Home Health Services are available 7 days per week.
- Outpatient Clinic - Monday through Friday with office hours from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. With advance notice, later treatment times can be requested.
The Physical Therapy Department at Community Memorial Healthcenter is equipped with the latest in modalities such as:
- Heat and ice
- Weight machines
In addition, we offer alternative techniques as well such as:
- Myofascial release
- Cranio-sacral therapy
- Guided imagery to enhance pain relief and improve mobility
- Balance Master
- BTE Primus System
- Triton Advanced Traction System
- Urinary Incontinence System
The Physical Therapy Department offers services for a multitude of needs in our community. Some of the following conditions are addressed regularly by our staff with traditional and non-traditional approaches to treatment:
- Strengthening and recovery from strokes, head injuries, lower extremity amputations, neuropathies, etc.
- Balance disorders and fall prevention
- Orthopedic conditions such as rotator cuff injuries, frozen shoulders, ACL injuries and other knee injuries, post fractures, tennis elbow, disc and back/neck injuries, etc.
- Soft tissue disorders such as fibromyalgia, myositis, muscle strains such as whiplash.
- Developmental delays in pediatric patients.
- Chronic Pain Management
Hours: Outpatient Physical Therapy services are offered by appointment at CMH, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (434) 774-2506.